Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Monday, November 15, 2010

I hear Christmas is coming










Doll making friends Elaine and Martha came to Fredericksburg Sunday for a visit. While we had pumpkin nut bread and tea in the kitchen, the dolls had a party of their own in the dining room. Look how many dolls Elaine has made and finished since the last visit a few months back! The red bed is one I got at the Withington Auction in October, Martha made a precious quilt for it that just fits!

The Belsnickle in a blue coat is one I made in 1986, he lives with my daughter Beth. I enjoy him because he is a doll not just a figure. When it is not Christmas season, he can take off his coat and show off neat little every day clothes. His beard is quilted as are his applied ears. He is a cloth doll with oil painted face and hair.

At our house, I always get a feather tree up for the dolls before our main tree. I started that today, Monday. Old dolls look their best at Christmas around a tree, or at least nearby.

Maybe you know what Flash mobs are, here is a video of something wonderful created by a flash mob technique. My friend Virginia sent it to me, she is a bit my senior and is always on the cutting edge of technology, with what her husband described as the fastest double click in the West!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU&feature=player_embedded

Blog Archive

Visits