Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Friday, November 19, 2010

Lillian's lovely blue staffordshire



Lillian's lovely blue staffordshire glows a rich saphire color in our dining room. Almost forty years ago I met Lillian O'Neill in Ft Worth where we were both living in the same neighborhood, and both collected Blue Staffordshire. She was a collector, an artist and a lovely woman, I could not have guessed that in time she would become my mother in law. She had such an eye for beauty! One of the jewels we have now from her collection is this tiny child's tea cup and saucer. The scene is that of cows and a milk maid. It is thin and delicate and early, perhaps 1825 or 30.

Blog Archive

Visits