Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rocky Hill School House and more



Cheryl and I have been busy getting ready for art lessons the next 10 days, so not much posting going on for me. I will get back, promise.

Cheryl's paintings can now be seen and puurchased at the gift shop in the Rocky Hill school complex, 5 miles east of Fredericksburg on Hwy 290.  The shop is called the Rocky Hill Collection.

This is a beautiful new venue owned by Fredericksburg Mayor Jeryl Hoover. Rebecca Rather is opening a restaurant or tea room there, called the Pink Pig.  It is really going to be special!  Those of us who enjoyed Rather Sweet in Fredericksburg will want to taste the foods in Rebecca' new place.  There are 6 outstanding B and B's there as well.    

Something different,  a friend showed me the way she and her daughter are lighting some of their garden paths. Buy an old metal chandelier that has little upturned glass shades or cups on the arms. In each of these little bowls place a solar garden light. Hang the chandelier high up in a pretty spot where light is wanted. This requires some sunlight each day on the piece to charge the lights. It can be really pretty!   Edyth

Blog Archive

Visits