Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Studying the Linen Head dolls

Amazingly the stunning bright fall weather is holding!  This Thursday morning Peggy and I set off for Bridgewater Massachusetts, over bridges and through tunnels and engulfed by the mighty traffic of Boston. Our destination was the home of doll collector Cyndi B. She and her daughter Jen are making a study of the molded linen head dolls from the mid 18th century. Cyndi has three examples of these rare dolls and is writing an article on them as have I.  My pictures and thoughts on them are posted on Maida at present and I am expanding on this for a future presentation.   Neither of us yet has real evidence where and by whom these mystery dolls were made.
Link for MAIDA.     http://www.maidatoday.com.

While Cyndi and I discussed the linen heads we are intrigued with, Peggy enjoyed the impressive collection of other types of Antique dolls. Then came the challenging drive home to sweet Cape Ann

All of this week there have been film people set up in Rockport.  We saw them working near where I was painting from a pier earlier. This Thursday as we drove to Cathy's home and her guest house where I am so happily nested, right up to Cathy's driveway we found the crews and their equipment working here in the woods. This will be used in an HBO series by the name of Olive Kitteridge. I want to watch for this one.

Tomorrow I hope to go sailing!  e

Blog Archive

Visits