Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Doll clothes

My friend Elizabeth used to say change a doll's clothes and it is as if you have a new doll.  She was very right I think.  Here is a light brown quilted silk bonnet I found on RL, modeled by one of the two large Greiner heads I need to make bodies for.  It is always a trade off to put a bonnet on a doll, I like to see the hair too.


 
If you go to this link you will see my post on three more of these.


The rough little blond Greiner with a sweet home made body is just right in the indigo dress I brought back from my trip. She is a simple doll needing a simple dress.  Now that is one more dressed.   e 
 

 

Blog Archive

Visits