Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Sunday, April 13, 2014

A garden every where you look out.

 The small atrium viewed from the dining area is lovely lighted at night.  The verdigris St Francis is new but nice.   


The sun porch has a view of the bird feeders and bird bath. I like the little New England sailing ship on top of the set of drawers. 
 An early hutch table can be turned down for dining on the sun porch. 


 The vegetable garden does not look like much yet. I hope to have green beans on the trellis against the wall. 

The retaining wall toward the back of the lot makes a nice change in elevation. You cannot see the three young redbud trees and two good size Yaupon holly's in the gravel area, which also has a mature tree about 30 feet tall.



 
  The grape vine arbor over the serving table provides a center of interest and anchors the whole design.   e

Blog Archive

Visits