Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Monday, February 9, 2015

February days and a Tasha party



Yesterday I cut the first broccoli from my  yard. The heads are not as large as commercial ones but the flavor right out of the garden and into the steamer is the finest.  Our weather here yesterday reached a high of 77, and today reached 79.  I read of the deep snow so many friends are enduring in Maine and Massachusetts and just think I could not survive it. 

Last evening there was a cozy dinner for six at Penny's home. You can see how nicely the deer rug went up on a wall in the dinning room. 

A hanging cupboard is waiting for blue and white china.

 
This morning there was a meeting/party for the Brass Belles, an antique study club I belong to. We drive considerable distances and do not meet often now, so each is special.  Our hostess chose Tasha and hearts as a theme. Some really special Tasha Tudor collectables showed up for show and tell. Particularly interesting to me were two little Sparrow Post items, hand painted and each having its own tiny envelope. Then we enjoyed a beautiful luncheon and lingered long visiting. Our hostess had a video on the TV running silently in the back ground showing her trip to the TT museum. All in all a special day to remember with some friends, some of whom I have enjoyed for up to forty years. 
I know we are supposed to be grown ups but sometimes we just play. Tasha and her art bring that out in so many folks.

 Late winter finds the house combining a few Christmas things not put away with Valentines and hearts throughout.



 A redware punch bowl is beautiful in the painted dry sink.




 
 

I showed a heart-in-hand cutter and a simple heart one that daughter Beth and her husband Gary made in the 1990's.  I also took a little blond doll "Sally Tudor" made from a kit which was authorized by Tasha in the 1980's.  e
 
 

Blog Archive

Visits