Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A lovely pool for a hill country house.

Snugged in against the deck which lays in the curve of the beautiful stone house, the pool is part of the view from several rooms.  More of this home bye and bye.  e


Contoured to fit in the natural setting, the pool is partially ringed in Texas native plants, many of which bloom spectacularly in season. The land beyond is what I call "managed natural".  Native grasses and small things in among existing trees show the land has not been disturbed. You can never really get it back if you rip it out. However nothing thought undesirable is allowed to stay.  e

Blog Archive

Visits