Welcome to My Red Cape. Long ago in another time my husband Jack and I lived in a little old red house. It was the stuff of dreams to us for the few years that we were there. I live there still a number of hours every day in imagination, with old dolls and paintings and fabrics and feather trees. I draw inspiration and happiness from the memories of that space in time and share some of it here with friends who remember how to step with Alice through the looking glass and take delight in whimsies and antiquities. ~Edyth O’Neill

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Setting a pretty fall table

 
Look at the gorgeous damask table cloth from Penny’s garage sale a few minutes ago!  It even has a stripe of green to pick up the green cupboard behind it!   And it is exactly the length of the 8 ft table Jackie made and so pretty with brown dishes.  My kitchen does not like light or medium blue, (indigo is ok), so I have gone to brown and white dishes now and let go much but not all of the blue.
 I will probably serve from the round table in the kitchen on Wed afternoon with this cloth doubled in half there for a small tea. Beth is making a pound cake for the occasion. 
Color is exciting to me and I get almost high on it sometimes, just had to share this.  Color was a big factor in my joy at rug hooking, and now that my hands do not want to do much of that, I love painting.  Cypress trees here turn the greatest red orange next month!  I will be painting them.     e

Blog Archive

Visits